Outfit Code: Aut12BeautyRedAlert
From £12.00 to £31.50
The secret to a perfect red lip is all about preparation. Get the basics right and your lippie will stay in place all night long, no matter where the night takes you!
1. A perfect red lip commands a smooth surface. To make sure you get the perfect pout be sure to exfoliate your lips with a lip specific exfoliator like the Clarins Lip and Contour Exfoliator.
2. Moisturise! Use a matte finish lip balm that has little to no shine like the Laura Mercier Lip Silk. This works as great primer as well ensuring a long lasting finish.
3. Now you want to block out as much pigment from you natural lip colour as possible. Use a cream based concealer to do this like the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer .This will ensure you red is bold as well as 'preventing' that feathered or 'bleeding' effect from occurring throughout the day.
4. Line your lips with a red lip liner one shade darker than your chosen lipstick. This will ensure you get the perfect shape as well as helping to prevent feathering and bleeding of the lipstick.
5. Apply your lipstick! For precision it's best to use a lip brush but applying straight from the product works well with a steady hand.