About this store
Our heritage starts off in 1884 with the Chiesman Brothers opening a drapers store in Maidstone High Street. They later extended it into two buildings in Pudding Lane, then in 1885 a store called T C Dunnings, opening in Week Street Maidstone. In 1956, T C Dunnings was acquired by The Hide Group, which at the time was the third largest store group in the UK. In 1972, House of Fraser bought the Chiesmans site and in 1975 purchased the T C Dunnings site. T C Dunnings then became twice the size and re-opened with a gala evening on 22nd September 1983. Army and Navy carried on trading in that building until 2005 when we moved to a new site in Fremlin Walk. This was the original site of Fremlin Brewery. Before building work commenced, archaeologists were called in to review the site and found three human skeletons, pottery and building foundations from Roman times. House of Fraser opened its doors in March 2005.
Buy & Collect
Find the Maidstone Buy & Collect department on the 1st floor, next to Menswear.