About this store
The Army & Navy Co-operative Society Ltd was incorporated on 15 September 1871, formed from a group of army and navy officers. The society leased part of a distillery premises in Victoria Street, London which was owned by Vickers & Co, and by February 1872 the store was opened for the sale of groceries. By 1873, it offered stationery, a drapery, fancy goods, tailoring, groceries, a chemist and even a gun department. The store was too small for the business so they rented a house next to their warehouse and acquired a further warehouse in Johnson Place.
Buy & Collect
Find the Victoria Buy & Collect department on the 2nd floor, next to Home.